Monday, March 21, 2011

freedom

Freedom

A word that evokes hope. We strive for it, we yearn to feel it, but sadly we resort to feelings of bondage, control, and stagnation.

I remember times when I would want to run, sprint through wide open fields away from the stresses of everyday life.

I wonder if healing, to any degree, has anything to do with freedom. I recall a sense of limitless possibility when I had healed from a broken relationship of several years. The work of the Lord was not yet finished.

"if you abide in my word, you are my disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE." John

Knowing truth.

Truth about God and His character.
I am assured that God knows what is best for me. I am promised the presence of the Holy Spirit, and I KNOW that the Holy Spirit is my advocate. (love that word, it's what I strive to be)

"In hope that creation itself will be LIBERATED from it's bondage to decay and brought into the glorious FREEDOM of the children of God." Romans

It is amazing to think of my struggles as bondage to decay. I had never seen it that way. All those things that drag me down and keep me from living in the fullness of the Lord will ultimately lead to my soul decay.

But as children of God, praise You Abba, we have glorious freedom. We have the strength to move, to love, to grieve, to heal-freely in His presence. And we are liberated, rescued, SET FREE from the chains that so easily entangle us.

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has rescued me

"Now, the Lord is the Spirit. And where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is FREEDOM."

Hallelujah. (highest praise)

No comments:

Post a Comment