Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Soil

This beautiful passage was written by a wonderful friend, Kelly Wells. A woman that has allowed God to transform and mold her in painful ways.


"The seeds were planted 18 months ago, and the Lord needed to churn the soil of my heart and provide fresh water in order to soften it. Then--and only then--could I recieve the seeds that I am designed to grow.
 
My soil is different from my neighbor's garden. While I may be preparing for oranges, the woman on my right may be getting ready for peaches. While my soil may be soaking in water and the seed grow under ground where no one can see, the garden from the woman on my left may already be sprouting greens. And when I look at the garden across from me, she has been cultivating longer than I so the Lord uses her beautiful blossoms as a visual encouragement to me--that someday I may be where she has patiently and faithfully waited to arrive.
 
We each have an individual garden, and our fruit and season of that gardening is incomparable to our neighbors'. Yet the Gardener sees the value and purpose in EACH ONE; He understands the season of the individual and puts the correct ingredients to specifically help each soil where SHE is at. He sees the beautiful potential in each fruit, and the different nutrients that fruit will bear to the ones who eat it.
 
I must therefore trust the Gardener...trust the amount of rain He provides and the time spent churning the soil. For He knows the fruit I am meant to bear."

1 comment:

  1. Hey, sweet girl. I thought of you today when I read this passage from the message bible: "God in dependable love shows up on time" psalm 59. Then when I read your entry on your blog, I thought it was so, so true. And how we have such an amazing God that He would care to give each of our gardens what they need, and not just tend to them in a mass cultivation. So cool.
    Thanks for the words.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete