Friday, April 15, 2011

weary

Transitions and change bring about emotional and physical stress. Transformation is not a magical process in which we awake to find ourselves a brighter image of the God we love. No, it is a constant pruning, a work in progress.
I find myself voicing feelings of weariness. This is not congruent with the woman God made me. But it is a result of my mind constantly working, trying to make sense of the world around me. 
so i stop.
"come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
rest. a word I crave.
"He leads me beside still waters, and restores my soul."
If I truly Trust the Lord with the situations and relationships around me, I am able to surrender them, to resist the overwhelming power that they could hold in my life. to surrender....even Jesus struggled through it. 
Mark 14: 35-36
“And going a little farther, he fell on the ground and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him. And he said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”
Jesus, the perfect example, asked God to remove his trial, his insurmountable obstacle, but chose to submit to the Father he loved and trusted. In surrender, I choose to walk each day knowing that He has a purpose for me; He has a plan. I choose to say “not my will, but Yours be done.” 
And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
Gal 6:9
Although I cannot constantly see the light at the end of the tunnel, I am promised that the Lord will make me of use if I continue to seek Him and live courageously. Do not lose heart. The Latin root of courage is whole-hearted. 
Abba gives such life-giving opportunities every single day. If I allow myself to see them, I'm taking heart. I'm living courageously.
i surrender, i surrender, to You.
use me Lord, use me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment