Wednesday, May 18, 2011

malawi

here is my heart.

I had no intention of going to Africa, in fact I told God I would go anywhere BUT Africa. Now I can laugh about it. 

My passion has always been injustice, although it did take me 22 years to understand that. The Kingdom moments that I mentioned in the previous blog served as springboards for this revelation. My personal life story has also given me a heart for women and children in any abuse settings. I long to be an advocate for people and to restore worth to those that would otherwise be void of it. If I get to take part in restoring the innocence of a child, my life has been lived well. Hence why I have chosen to go to graduate school for Marriage and Family Therapy. 

Whether you are a believer or not, we can all recognize the importance of bringing justice. 

I, along with a small team, get to take part in bringing justice to a local justice center in Malawi. The team will be split into 3 sub teams: pastoral, legal, and counseling. The teams will provide intensive training on skills pertaining to the specific needs of the community. 

I will remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:13-14
  
A trip like this cannot take place without the support of those around me. As many of you know, the transition from college to post college has been difficult. Having your thoughts and prayers means so much to me. In addition, the total cost of the trip is $4000, which sadly I do not have the funds for. 
One final request, if you feel led to give and want to partner with me, please feel free to send financial support in the labeled envelopes and make the checks payable to FLOOD. There is also the option to give online at http://DIVEintoFLOOD.com/give. Registering for an account will ensure tax receipts. The code for my team is MA711RW. My name will pop up on the drop down. 

$5, $10 or even more would help me greatly. 
Thank you ahead of time for your thoughts and prayers. Feel free to continue to follow me on my blog. I hope to share my experiences with you!

thank you for your love and support, i need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment