Friday, July 1, 2011

and so it begins...

the trip has officially started. granted, many of our team members have been mentally prepared for months. I, however, am now joining the bandwagon. as i sat in prayer and preparation on the flight to DC, a flood of emotion swept in. im going to africa. IM going to africa. He led me here, and although i feel unprepared and insufficient, in obedience i acted, so in obedience i will serve. regardless of what may come. i voiced to danielle that i felt like a child who is being given a big hug from a loving father, but i have been unwilling to give into the softness of his arms, so my rigid stubbornness keeps me from ultimate surrender. but im working on it...

"He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he RESTORES my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake."
Psalm 23: 2-3

this is my hope and prayer. i long to see His restoration. whether in myself, or within those around me. i firmly believe that our very being longs to see restoration and reconciliation because it its God's fingerprint on our lives. However, because our world is not His perfect kingdom, we wait in anticipation for ultimate restoration to occur.

Casey gave me a book that a profound quote within it that sustained me for a while. "the most difficult time is the time between God's promises and their fulfillment." it is in those times that i am called to praise, regardless of how difficult it may be. we wait for restoration.

i believe this to be the theme of the trip for me. I am longing to see pictures of His kingdom, through the empowerment and encouragement of His people, both within our US team and within the Malawian community...all the while remembering:

"for it is God who works IN YOU to will and to act according to his good purpose."
Philippians 2:13

i believe we are fully open to that, because most of us are shattered glass, waiting to be refined.

No comments:

Post a Comment